Saturday, April 22, 2017

Reflections from Mexico - Mark

Over the last couple of years we have experienced some very difficult and low times in our lives. We have had to take time to grieve this, rest and wait on the Lord. I believe God has begun to bring us to a time of new beginnings and building new.

I felt quite deeply that there was something in Mexico that I would find or that I would encounter the Lord and his help with some of the unanswered questions or empty parts I've still had. He did not disappoint, but I realized encountering Him there was not about me, which was so awesome! I saw how much love He has for our brothers and sisters in Mexico, their hospitality toward us, His love of all of the children who are more like our own than one can imagine until you meet them. I was overwhelmed by joy and I guess recognizing that He was there with us, that He was there all of the time. I fell in love with it all and especially the little kids.

I am so grateful for His mercy and how he took such good care of us all while we were there and let us taste of His goodness and some deliciousness only Mexico can give. :)

I guess in a beautiful way my heart was broken to see His beauty and how Jesus holds everyone at Hogar de Amor in His hands!

I am taking away that Jesus has a new beginning for us all, in His perfect time, when the most difficult things in this life try to take us down. I am going to invest in learning some Spanish this year, anticipating the 2018 trip and I'm praying about serving in children's church with the little kids. :)

We are so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment