Several folks have asked how they can support our time in Mexico and the orphans and caregivers of Hogar de Amor. Here are a few very important ways you can be involved:
- Pray pray pray! Some specific prayer requests are at the bottom of this post.
- Provide supply donations for the trip. We are collecting coloring and activity books, fine-point markers, crayons (24 packs of Crayola crayons), oral hygiene supplies (toothbrushes and toothpaste), twin bedsheets, and all sizes of children's and young adult underwear. You can give these items to Jamie or anybody going on the trip. If you are a regular attender of CenterPoint Church we will also have specific donation requests in the lobby before and after church in March.
- Financially support the trip's projects and the orphans of Hogar de Amor. We will use these donations to purchase supplies for the trip and will donate the rest directly to the orphanage, so everything you give will help and encourage the kids of Hogar de Amor! You can donate online (select Mexico Mission Trip as the fund) or make checks out to CenterPoint Church with a memo of "Mexico trip" and bring checks to church or mail them to the CenterPoint offices. All financial gifts are tax-deductible.
- We would quickly gel as a team and that a spirit of teamwork and service would infuse everything we do both before our trip and in Mexico.
- Our families, church family, friends, and community would know that they are an integral part of this trip through their encouragement, prayer, and financial support.
- Both we and those we serve will be transformed through our service.
- Logistics simply work. That health, transportation, lodging, dining, planning around our work projects, and the myriad of other details would reinforce, never detract from, God's work in and through us.