The need at Hogar de Amor continues whether we are there or not, and the kids are dealing with all of the same stresses, health concerns, and stir-craziness of at-home school that so many of the rest of us feel. We are so disappointed not be able to love and encourage them in-person, and we remain committed to helping to sustain the needs of the orphanage even though we aren't able to visit right now. We want to knock their socks off with a huge donation to help out in this time of difficulty!
You can donate online at https://centerpointutah.org/giving (select Mexico Mission Trip as the fund) or make checks out to CenterPoint Church with a memo of "Mexico trip" and mail them to the CenterPoint offices. All gifts are tax-deductible.
Wondering how your gift can be used? Here are some examples of the orphanage’s needs:
- $8 for 12 pairs of boys athletic socks
- $15 for 8 pairs of kids’ underwear
- $250 purchases sealant for one orphanage house roof to keep it water-tight
- $50 buys 5 gallons of paint
- $30 buys fabric for curtains for one room of the new adolescent boys’ home
- $15 for 15 new kitchen towels
- $15 purchases 2 packages of multi-symptom cold and flu medication
- $10 buys a giant box of assorted Band-Aids
- $200 pays for clothing, food, activities, housing, and school expenses for one child