Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Reflections on Serving - Mark

When I first walked by the Mexico mission trip table I felt a tug,  like the Holy spirit was saying "Hey Mark, Go to Mexico and see the children".  I was then pretty hooked on going. I am so glad I did!

Seeing Gods' work first hand is a miracle in itself.  The support there at the orphanage is a miracle. The love of the support staff for the children and there daily devotion is God at work.  To see that was heart felt and encourages me to do more for others, when I can, as often as I can.  Supporting those children in a financial way is something I will be setting up as soon as I can.

Prayer support is another way we all can show our love for others and especially these children of "Hogar de Amor". I loved it when Dawn, one of the team leaders referenced Matthew 25:35:
For I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was homeless and you gave me shelter, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you visited me.

The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.
Those children touched my heart, and doing more for others has a whole lot more meaning to me.

Thank you! so much for allowing me to be a part of a team that shows and shares the love of God!  God Bless everyone who has an opportunity to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment