Sunday, April 21, 2019

Reflections on Serving - Hedgers


I’m still processing all we were able to experience while at Hogar de Amor.  My heart is so full after this amazing experience.

We have wanted to go on the Mexico mission trip for a couple of years now, but the opportunity finally came this year. Bailey and I aren’t frequent foreign travelers. We have always had my husband with us when we have traveled to guide us and keep us safe. Needless to say I was nervous about the trip, but everyone that had gone years prior were so good to answer any questions we had and guide us through the traveling process.

We were taken back by the love the caregivers shared with the children and all of us that were serving. They are truly amazing for what they do everyday showing God’s love all the way!

While we helped paint various projects and clean up areas that needed attention, we also had the opportunity to enjoy spending time with the children by playing games, doing crafts and giving and receiving many hugs

The week we spent there was a blessing I will cherish forever. I can’t wait to go back again and see the child we now sponsor.
And don’t forget to do good and to share with others for with such sacrifices God is pleased
Hebrews 13:16

No comments:

Post a Comment