Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Reflections on Serving - Marcia

I enjoy going to Hogar de Amor orphanages each year. They are the best, they greet us with smiles and hugs each day. The food is out of this world. This is authentic Mexican, no tourist nachos here.

I also love serving with my family. This year, daughter Jamie and grandson Sam joined Kelsey and me as the sewing team. There were dueling sewing machines, yards and yards of material being cut on the floor and a sense of satisfaction when the house mothers joyfully received the bed sheets.


Grandson Ben dropped by in between painting jobs to be the delivery boy and unpin the elastic.

Two years ago a met a sweet teen named Angela. Each return trip we reconnect and share a few moments together. I write her and I pray for her. When we meet, I get to see how our Heavenly Father has answered those prayers. She now lives in a home about a mile away from the main compound, which gives her a sense of family and stability.

Our prayer was that others would see Christ in all we do. I see Christ in the love and dedication of the house parents (they raise their own family in the home with the rest of the kids), in the smiles and love of the kids and in the beauty of the country. Jesus was glorified again this year

No comments:

Post a Comment