Saturday, April 23, 2016

Reflections on Serving - Julie and Karlie

My heart is full. Full of joy given by these precious little ones. Hogar de Amor has within it's walls treasures that amaze! Caregivers that are angels, tirelessly giving of themselves and the children that are the fruits of their labor. These children captured our hearts forever and we left Colima better people then when we arrived. When I close my eyes, I can see their smiles, hear their voices and feel their hugs. Their footprint in my life brings a cherished emotion. I am grateful. Grateful for a God who brings protection and the love of our Christ to the children of Colima.

The sign outside of Hogar de Amor reads "Proteccion al Nino" and it could not be more accurate. These wonderful children are protected from hunger, danger and loneliness. These are not easy tasks. The day to day challenge to raise a child is a difficult one, but a more important one does NOT exist. The hands of Christ is clearly seen in those that are invested in the children each and every day.

I watched as loving adults helped kids with homework in small groups. I watched amazing women prepared nutritious, fresh meals (no mac and cheese for these kiddos!). I saw a courageous bus driver take and bring home precious cargo from school. (Drivers are LOCO in Mexico!) I saw children that had braces on their teeth, slicked braided hair and clean school uniforms. I held back tears (most of the time I failed..) when hearing sweet Spanish prayers lifted to the God I love.

"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world..." A song I sang as a child. "they are precious in His sight" Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment