Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reflections on Serving - Carlee

Reflections on our time in Mexico by Carlee, age 10:

While I was in Mexico I learned that the world does not revolve around me and that I am not the center of attention.I also experienced that when someone needs something you should always be willing to step in and help even if it means hard work.It broke my heart to see that these wonderful kids not in a permanent home with a family who really loves them.That made me realize how blessed I am to have a real a family with a brother, mom, and dad who really love and care for me.I also saw that these children are ever so thankful when we did activities with them, or taught them music or even just sitting down with them and helping them with their sock puppets.They were always so excited to show us their imaginative creations and they never overlooked a single thing.We as americans sometimes think that we are to busy to help others or if you're a kid like me, you might tend to give your mom a dirty look when she asks you to take out the trash, but when you do remember others around you.


No comments:

Post a Comment