Thursday, May 11, 2023

Reflections on Serving - Sarai and Raynee

Raynee and I were so excited to do this trip as a mommy & daughter trip!  As we arrived at our first home Casa Esperanza, Raynee was super excited to get started on painting although she did have to be reminded that the paint should stay on the wall and not her hair!  We had a little hiccup with one of our sewing machines and luckily one of the house parents used to be a seamstress in her past life and we resurrected a 30 year old machine – it was magical!  I absolutely loved using it and it worked like a charm; soon I was sewing a lot of much needed toddler mattress covers and fitted sheets.  


When we arrived at Casa Matriz, one of the little girls said I needed to sit at her table.  To my surprise everyone was really chatty except for a boy named William that seemed a bit shy, just like my own son Robbie. I started asking him some questions trying to get him to open up.  After a while the children that had made cards for us were called to the front and to my surprise William had made me a card.  He said, “Look, I had chosen you and then you sat at my table!”  It seemed like a coincidence, however I believe God was orchestrating something beautiful.  William had mentioned that he had some sisters, but I wasn’t sure who they were and soon Raynee was attached to the hip of a girl named Dania.  After a couple of days we put it together that Dania was William’s little sister!  We also realized that Yarezit and the little toddler, Yanet we fell in love with from Casa Cuna were also his sisters!  Later that week we shared our devotional with the group… the verse we shared was  “For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat.  In the same way, He will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.”  2 Corinthians 9:10.  We were lead as a family to sponsor William and his three little sisters.  




Raynee’s big take away from this experience was that Jesus is not just working in her life but in everybody’s life!  I can definitely agree with my daughter Raynee and it was absolutely beautiful to feel at home with the people of Colima!

No comments:

Post a Comment