Monday, May 8, 2023

Reflections on Serving - BR

When I first went to each orphanage homes, I was surprised by what little they have and what they had to work with and the faith they have is very strong and powerful. They seem so happy. 

When a little boy came to ask me to play chess, Sarai translated for us . It was a tough but fun game. This little boy won and he was so proud he did and so was I.

We put up piñatas one night for the kids. Each time someone was trying to get the piñata to break, all the other kids were singing a song and would stop when they wanted the person hitting it to stop and go onto the next person. I couldn’t help but smile on how they all came together.

For Easter, we hid eggs for the kids and it was exciting for me to see them find a hard to find egg and them have such a proud look on their faces. It was great to see and it brought me so much joy.

I played a Golden egg chase game with a little girl and when she caught up with me, I gave it to her and Sarai translated for me when I told her to open it, she was so happy and excited to see what was inside. 

So many great experiences and I can’t wait to go again next year. I hope to see them all again and to remember names better. I also plan to learn more Spanish as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment