Sunday, May 7, 2023

Reflections on Serving - Julie and Karlie


My first trip to Hogar de Amor was in 2015.  Each and every year brings special memories and experiences.  It is such a wonderful feeling to revisit known friends and to make new relationships.  Even with our language barrier, it is clear to Karlie and I that we have a connection with the children and the caregivers.  Their love runs deep and their hugs are abundant.  After each visit, Karlie and I return home with hearts full and running over with intense emotion.  Words cannot express what this special place has meant to us - each and every day.  There isn't a day that goes by that I do not think, worry and pray for these amazing children and adults. 

Hogar de Amor has changed my life.  There is no place like it or no experience that can compare.  Karlie and I are so very grateful for the opportunity to connect with our friends in Colima.  They are the reflection of Christ, giving endlessly and selflessly.  

WE LOVE HOGAR de AMOR! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment