Monday, April 17, 2023

Somedays just don't go my way

Here is the week two team waiting at the airport to board their flight Saturday morning.

And then their flight was delayed.

And then their flight was delayed again

And again.

And then the flight was rescheduled to the following day.



And then here Dan and I are in church with extra seats where the week 2 team should be sitting because the airline decided to change the takeoff to Sunday morning.   

And then customs in Guadalajara took forever and the group was two hours late to lunch.  Dan and I occupied the 25 teenagers we brought along that were waiting for an hour and a half for lunch.



Steve driving a van full of teenagers

Dan proving he can do more pushups than someone a third his age

And then the team arrived in Colima.  A little tired from the journey, but happy to be able to eat some great food and spend some time getting to know the adolescentes and senoritas.



And so I turn to God and I complain.  "God, why aren't things going the way that I want for us?  Why are you making things so hard for this trip?  Can't this be easier?"

And then I look at these travelers who are so happy to be in Mexico to serve their God and to love on others and I realize this is where he wanted us to be.  I am humbled to be a part of this group that had such a rough time to get here and are still excited and energized to be serving and loving others in this community.  I'm pretty excited to see what this week has in store for us.  


Colima Mission Trip Week 2 @ Monte Real

  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great team. Go at Godspeed. Love to all God is good!

    ReplyDelete